If you wish to tend a grave in the churchyard:
- Plant spring and autumn bulbs on a grave if you wish in a position adjacent to the headstone. If you need advice regarding this, please contact us. Remember that leaves and flowers may be strimmed in the ordinary course of churchyard maintenance.
- Place cut flowers arranged in metal or stone vases on the memorial plinth or in a sunken container close to the headstone so as not to impede a strimmer when not containing flowers. Seasonally appropriate silk and other good quality artificial flowers are permitted but not plastic.
- Place natural flower wreaths on a grave.
- Speak to us BEFORE you make any arrangements for a headstone or memorial.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Plant shrubs or trees on a grave without speaking to us first.
- Place plastic flowers or non-organic items (e.g. teddy
bears, pictures) on a grave.
- Put stone chippings or stones over or around a grave.
- Use kerbs, railings, posts or chains and similar items to
enclose a grave as these would impede a mower.
- Use glass, ceramic or plastic containers as these are easily broken and can become very dangerous.
The ground in some areas is very uneven and, over time, graves can become uneven. Please take care.
Churchyard Regulations are available in full on the diocesan website.