- Plant spring and autumn bulbs on a grave if you wish in a position adjacent to the headstone. If you need advice regarding this, please contact us. Remember that leaves and flowers may be strimmed in the ordinary course of churchyard maintenance.
- Place cut flowers arranged in metal or stone vases on the memorial plinth or in a sunken container close to the headstone so as not to impede a strimmer when not containing flowers. Seasonally appropriate silk and other good quality artificial flowers are permitted but not plastic.
- Place natural flower wreaths on a grave.
- Speak to us BEFORE you make any arrangements for a headstone or memorial.
- Plant shrubs or trees on a grave without speaking to us first.
- Place plastic flowers or non-organic items (e.g. teddy
bears, pictures) on a grave.
- Put stone chippings or stones over or around a grave.
- Use kerbs, railings, posts or chains and similar items to
enclose a grave as these would impede a mower.
- Use glass, ceramic or plastic containers as these are easily broken and can become very dangerous.